Translate Inner Jobber

Saturday, October 29, 2011

Bull Of The Heavens

So, I've been doing this for a while now, and I've never mentioned Ezekiel Jackson!


Shame on me, too, because boy, is he worth mentioning.  So big, so solid, and...big.


When they introduced him, they even introduced him with Brian Kendrick.  Now, don't get me wrong; not every single guy in wrestling does it for me.  In fact, there are probably a lot more who don't do it for me than there are who do.  But the margin of people who do turn my crank tend to be pretty diverse, and Kendrick and Jackson are both people who can grab my interest any day.


It was always so cute, Kendrick dancing around like an excited kid (only clearly he was a fully-grown man!) while Ezekiel brooded, all slow and serious.  Ezekiel would take care of Kendrick, pulling him out of the ring at opportune times, attacking his opponents for him.  Sadly, we never got to see Kendrick vs. Ezekiel, and that could have been gold!


When I watch wrestling, I focus on one person or the other.  I need to concentrate; I can't really focus on two people's hotness at the same time, I like to devote myself fully to one person's hotness, and then if needed, I can go back to watch it for the other person.  (That way, even in matches where only one person does it for me, I can still get a lot of mileage out of them.)


So usually, in Ezekiel Jackson matches, I prepare myself to appreciate it for the dominance factor, as opposed to the jobber factor.  Not many people can manhandle Ezekiel Jackson, or really get much offense in, let alone defeat him.


So mad props to Mark Henry, for giving me the rare treat of seeing Ezekiel Jackson on the receiving end of a beatdown, for a change!


Seeing someone who's usually so dominant be uncharacteristically laid low can sometimes be more powerfully effective than a usual jobber getting squashed (although there will always be a place in my heart for that, as well!).


And, on a final note, Zeke's huge (huuuuuge) white shirt always looks so comfortable.

No comments:

Post a Comment