Translate Inner Jobber

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Show Me The Funny

I enjoy it when people have a good sense of humor, when they don't take themselves too seriously.


You'll remember, I scurried to post about a televised Mike Mondo match, in hopes that others may be able to catch it.  If anyone did, then what you saw was someone who looked like they were having a good time.  He hammed it up, heeled it up, and blew on his thumb to inflate himself like a blowfish.  I laughed, and that's always fun.


Living in the heartland of America, it's impossible to entirely ignore country music (try as one might).  But you can't fully accept or reject any kind of music based on labels people give it.  And so, I've come to really appreciate Dolly Parton.  And, she's funny.  You can tell, even from the title of her album "Backwoods Barbie" that she doesn't take herself too seriously.  Anyway, one of my earliest memories is when I was a tiny little Stay (I hadn't Puft yet) riding in the car with my dad, and he was listening to the radio and "Bargain Store" by Dolly Parton played.  And even as a little kid, without caring about what songs mean or anything, that music moved me.  I was too young to describe it, or use the word "haunting" or anything, but I always remembered that song, and years later, listened to it to see if it was as good as I remembered, and it was.


Chris Masters never particularly seemed to have a sense of humor, until one episode of Raw that saw him bounce his pecs to the tune of "Crazy Train."  After that, he suddenly had this fun personality, this big happy fun-loving guy.  And then they fired him!  I don't know, I give up.  Fortunately, being fired didn't seem to disrupt his upbeat personality any.  And look at him.  You will never be able to convince me he's not hot.  But why would you try to?  Jeesh, lighten up!


There's another wrestler, who I'd read about online and had always wanted to see one of his matches.  Well, I was finally able to!  And not only was he hot, he was surprisingly funny--I laughed!  Arrogant and insecure all at once, with this stream of talking that would not stop...!  Unfortunately, pending permission from a couple of companies to use their pictures or link to their websites, I probably shouldn't really even bring it up.  But his name rhymes with "Bobe Bander."

No comments:

Post a Comment