Translate Inner Jobber

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Crazy Kitty


I love CM Punk.  He's enthusiastic and unpredictable and scruffy and funny.  He can be an asshole and still maintain this childlike innocence.  He really does remind me of a crazy kitty.  You know, when they get in that mood, and they tear around, and they'll stop and STARE at you for a moment, and then tear away again.  Or they'll be laying there, and then all of a sudden start STARING at something, and you look to see if there's a bug or something, but you can't see anything.  But you KNOW they're staring at SOMETHING, and you can't see it.  I'll take it a step further (in case I haven't disoriented people enough), and say that if Punk was an anime character, he'd have that one tooth poking up from his lower lip on one side.  IMPISH!  That's the word I want.  He has that impish grin.  Oh!  And speaking of crazy kitties staring at things you can't see, Punk was also a guest star on "Ghost Hunters," bopping around through a possibly haunted house, looking through the heat pattern device thingy and saying, "It lets me see the world like I'm the Predator!"

In Ring of Honor, Punk was blond and evil.

He's currently the WWE's champion.  Earlier this week, however, one of the guards wouldn't let him into Madison Square Garden.  He didn't believe Punk was really a wrestler.  Finally another guard came over and told the first one it was okay.  Punk was able to joke about that on Twitter, so you know his ego isn't too big.

What a champion looks like.

And he says what he wants!  I don't think it says much for the company, but Punk, like Zack Ryder and Tyler Reks, was at that not-caring-anymore point, that point of, "What's the worst they could do, fire me?"  So he spoke without fear.

Rumor has it Punk is largely behind Zack Ryder's push.

If beefy Tyler Reks is going out, at least it'll be on his terms.

Punk criticized the company for under-utilizing people.  He criticized the company for firing Chris Masters, after he'd been working his ass off and improving.

Chris Masters: Gone, but not forgotten--Punk wouldn't let it be.

All that, right on TV.  In interviews, he's just as open, criticizing things such as Alberto Del Rio's title reign being cut short.  (Apparently it was useful for a Mexican to be champion while they toured Mexico, but once back in the States...)  Namely, he says what a lot of people think, but hearing it come from inside is so satisfying.

Alberto Del Rio: Suave AND technical.

He also started referencing those ice cream bars.  Now, you may not believe me, but my brother and I have used those for a humorous touchstone for some time now.  I was being stupid, making commentator JR talk in a grumpy southern accent, "Now ah want a WWF ice cream bar."  And Punk brought them up!  He wanted them brought back, and he got a huge response.  Crazy Kitty speaks to my heart.

NOM NOM

I also like the Straight Edge thing--drug-free, alcohol-free.  It either makes me feel less lame, or like maybe it's okay to be lame.  I'm kind of glad they're not using it as a heel gimmick--but it was pretty funny when they were.  And Punk was all Jesusy.  There was a time reported at a live event, when this older woman from the crowd started attacking him, saying, "You're not Jesus!"  And as security took her away, Punk opened his arms and said, "I forgive you."  Damn, I love him.

Punk with the Straight Edge Society, Serena and Luke Gallows.

Oh, and he has a Pepsi tattoo--my drink of choice.  Pepsi Throwback now, for me.  So good--I'm not even going to PRETEND like it's a resolution to drink less of it.  Anyway...  In a tag match at the 2011 Draft, an enthusiastic Punk kissed Del Rio on the cheek after their victory...and the kiss was returned.

Mwah!

It was definitely a cute moment, as cute as the fan art it inspired by artist Rin Xerxis.  And I'll leave it there, because I can't top that.  She understands about Crazy Kitties, I guess.  Aww.

No comments:

Post a Comment