Translate Inner Jobber

Sunday, February 18, 2018

Rex vs. Chase: Stretch Armstrong


88 Wrestling: Rex Bedford vs. Chase Lundquist

Rex Bedford is a great heel.  He's mouthy, arrogant, and the description that came into my head watching this match: just downright bratty.  As a good heel, when he's in charge he's dominant and mouthy, and when he's not in charge he suffers nicely and is STILL mouthy.  A good heel really elevates a match, adding stakes and drama and just more story.  So good on you, Rex.

There, now that I've given Rex his due, I can gush about Chase Lundquist guilt-free.  My god!  What a beauty.  While I used the word "bratty" for Rex, with all its association with youth, Chase Lundquist definitely seems like a man.  I don't THINK it's the beard alone (though it IS a nice beard, neatly trimmed, you don't see those a lot nowadays); Chase has this sense of gravity and dignity in the ring.  Oh, and he's hot as fuck.  A beautiful face, great body with eye-popping abs and SUCH a nice ass (noticeable around the 20 minute 40 second mark, if you find yourself watching this match).  But it's not just what he LOOKS like, it's how he moves, the sounds he makes whether suffering or in control, the youthful maturity (if you know what I mean) and dignity.  And the way Rex (heel that he is) is determined to make poor Chase a living blond buff Stretch Armstrong doll.  Now to be fair, Chase takes his turns stretching Rex beyond HIS limits of endurance as well.  It's just that Chase happens to LOOK more like Stretch Armstrong.

Yesterday, you may remember, I talked about my favorite part of that match being Round 3.  I'm figuring out that maybe that'll just be a given for me anymore.  I like the ending, I like one warrior's work paying off in victory, but only after he gets really determined and realizes he has to go that extra mile, and MAKE THAT BITCH TAP DAMN IT!!  Er-hrm.  Excuse me.  What I mean is: "Hot guys, hot holds, hot match."  Thank you.




No comments:

Post a Comment