Translate Inner Jobber

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Violent


Alistair Overeem is set to fight Brock Lesnar on December 30, 2011, at UFC 141.


Couple of thoughts about this.  Firstly: Boy, do I hope Alistair wins!  This is an instance where diversity is in full effect, but I have no logical explanation.  I just do not like Brock Lesnar.  He does not do it for me.  And I couldn't tell you why.  He just leaves me cold.  Alistair, on the other hand, absolutely commands my attention.  I get nervous before a fight like this.  I hope my Jobber Curse won't affect Alistair.  But people I like, and people I cheer for, end up jobbers.  If John Morrison and Phil Baroni find out, they'll be pissed at me.  (I don't know why it didn't affect Randy Orton the same way.)


Secondly, I'd stay away from MMA if it wasn't for such hot guys luring me in.  But it's so real.  I know the athleticism of professional wrestling is indeed very real, but I also like that the goal is to put on an entertaining show without injuring one another.  The fantasy makes it so much safer.  Guys really going at it, I don't always like to watch.  But Phil Baroni getting put to sleep by Frank Shamrock...that just does me in every time.  (Which makes me feel extra guilty and a little evil.)


When Joe, at Ringside at Skull Island, mentioned Rock Hard Wrestling's Jake Jenkins making his MMA debut, it made me think, "No!  So pretty!"  It made me sad to think of him getting hurt.  (True, Joe's blog is the only place I've seen him, but I still thought, "No!")  Maybe I'm not being fair, though.  Maybe I'm underestimating people's toughness.


Besides, sometimes, you have a really hard day, and you're mad at the world.  Sometimes, it is really good.  Sometimes, it's really satisfying.

"We want it intense, we want our violence..."

No comments:

Post a Comment