Translate Inner Jobber

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

No Light, No Light

The sky the other morning was clear and bright and blue and beautiful, but winter cold, offering no warmth.  Similarly, Raw had some of my favorite people in it, but still left me cold.  I'm starting to seriously consider giving up watching Raw and SmackDown, and sticking to DVD's, and maybe Ring of Honor.  Last Monday's Raw, I don't know, I even got my usual approximately 40 minutes of good stuff recorded from the two-hour broadcast, but it still left me feeling pretty bleak.  And life's pretty short to be spending two hours of mostly unappealing idiocy in order to gleam the few shards of light.


According to rumor websites, however, it was also John Morrison's last episode, and it was predicted that they would job him out to someone big time on his way out.  Lo and behold, the predictions were correct, it happened as it had been told, like a prophecy coming to fruition.  Not really a big surprise; it had been predicted for some time that Jomo was on his way out.  Hm, maybe wrestling would be more fun if I could make myself not read those rumor boards.  Nah, it's not just that, it's the commentating, the blatant misuse of good talent, I won't go on.

Rumor had it that Brodus Clay's long (loooooooooooong)-delayed debut would be squashing Jomo.  I wouldn't have minded that; I think he's pretty hot.  In a non-traditional way, sure, but it works for me!


Instead, Jomo destruction duty went to The Miz.  I've always been kind of lukewarm on The Miz.  Switching to trunks was a good move on his part.  But for the most part, the hotness of his opponent is integral to my attention span in his matches.  Of course with Jomo as his opponent, I'm on board.

It's sad, knowing that may have been (probably was) his last match there, and not knowing when or where he'll appear next.  But still, in the way of jobber appreciation, it was very hot.  Foreign objects, some token offense, but ultimately the heel standing over his jobber, who he's laid out cold.













"No light, no light in your bright blue eyes..."

4 comments:

  1. "FLORENCE AND THE MACHINE"...(NICE!) :D
    Reply
  2. Between those washboard abs and gyrating hips, Jomo really got to me! I hope to see him in another venue soon.
    Reply
  3. I don't know how likely it is, but personally I'm hoping he'll go to Ring of Honor.

No comments:

Post a Comment