Translate Inner Jobber

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Grateful

With Thanksgiving over and Christmas revving up, I thought I would take maybe a belated moment to be thankful.

Bruno Sammartino

16 followers!  Humble as that sounds, it really is more people than I thought would read this!  I'm honored that any of you tune in, so thank you.

Shawn Stasiak

It's so fun to find like-minded people through blogging!  People with interests similar to mine--but then it extends beyond the hotness of wrestling!  Bruno caught my Lady Gaga "Teeth" reference.  NotFelixUnger also loves Siouxsie.  And either an anonymous reader, or a reader named Anonymous, recognized my reference to Witchiepoo!  (For those not in the know, I give you: "Oranges Poranges.")

Witchiepoo

So, all this blogging and talking and kind of being open and stuff made me really nervous at first, but it turns out to be pretty fun!  Extra special thanks to Bard at Neverland for encouraging me to start, and even giving me a platform to give this whole blogging thing a test drive.  Bard has been a good friend to me, and never expressed annoyance at me even when I kept e-mailing him and I felt like the little dog at 1:04 of this cartoon.

Bard (left) and Stay Puft (right)

Thank you to Man of 1000 Holds.  Wrestling Arsenal was one of the first wrestling websites I found that focused on the beauty of wrestling.  Through the years, the site would change format and locations, and I'd lose it and re-discover it again, but it's always been a mainstay.

Evan Karagias

Joe and Bruno!  I know I shouldn't lump them together like that, because their blogs are very distinct from each other, each with its own great vibe.  But every time I think I've discovered someone new, usually both of them have several posts on my new find, which is a great way to get caught up!  And sometimes, I find my new people directly from them, and I always appreciate that, too!  And the frankness, honesty, and openness of Piledrive U! is truly inspiring to me!  Sometimes lacking courage myself, I'm grateful to see it in others.

Tom La Ruffa

Rants, Roids N Rasslin is a beautiful site of original art, hot hot hot original art.  It was finding that blog that eventually led me to finding Bard, Bruno, Joe, and all the others.  It was e-mailing the artist, John Savage, and receiving a gracious response that gave me the courage to e-mail others, and answer their e-mails when they contacted me.  I've actually made new friends from all this blogging, and for somebody whose kind of a jobber at having a social life, that's a pretty big deal!

Maxx Muscle

Oh, and I feel grateful to M.I.A., for writing music I absolutely love, including "The Message," which proved to me that I'm not the only one who worries about the government watching us on our computers.  That's why I never use words like bee-oh-em-bee, or em-ai-are-eye-jay-you-ai-en-ai, and why I sometimes get nervous about the "Fuck Wrestle Shoot" game.  (I'm not really planning on doing any of those things to any of those people, mysterious sir or madam!)

M.I.A., Maya Arulpragasam

And I love the song "Paper Planes" too, and then I heard it being used in a commercial for "Pineapple Express," which got me interested in that, because it made me think, "Yea!  That's M.I.A.!", and so then I was introduced to James Franco, and I'm grateful for that, too.  Thanks, Maya!

James Franco

So truly, I feel grateful!

Chris Masters

P.S.  Here's a secret.  You know that Looney Tunes dog up there, the big bulldog?  I've always kind of thought he was hot.

4 comments:

  1. I love your blog, StayPuft! As we say here in the Philippines, "More power to you!"
    Reply
  2. Thanks, Bruno! One of the reasons I hesitated in starting a blog is that there were already so many good ones. But, as they say, the more the merrier.
    Reply
  3. Happy Thanksgiving and I'm glad my Blog -- The Wrestling Arsenal -- has inspired your work. Welcome to the world of wrestling-related blogs and great job, all are welcome!

    I just added a link to your Blog on my Blog's list of favorite Blogs, so some of my readers may check you out and follow you.
    Reply
  4. Wrestling Arsenal, thank you so much! I definitely appreciate the exposure!

    AND, I have that silly giddy feeling like if you'd meet a celebrity. So leaving a comment here definitely made my day, thanks! Hm, I DON'T want you to think I'm being sarcastic or insincere, either! But people leaving comments always makes me excited, and when it's other people whose blogs I've been reading (or in a couple instances, actual wrestlers), for me, that IS interaction with a celebrity! So I feel very big-headed right now.

    And I hope this whole "Grateful" post came out okay--it's hard, I don't want to sound insincere or like I'm "sucking up" to anyone. So I just went ahead and said what I felt, and what it ended up sounding like--whatever. Just know that I mean it!

No comments:

Post a Comment