Translate Inner Jobber

Tuesday, August 8, 2023

James Norley















 I don't remember these pictures at all.  But there they were in my computer.  Great hair handle though.  How would you cast him?  I'm thinking either...kind of a d-bag good guy, or kind of a petulant bad guy.  Whaddya think?  No, I'm second-guessing myself; he may DRESS like a d-bag good guy would dress, but could he REALLY pull off d-bag?  Even in that top one that LITERALLY says "Ralph Lauren" on it, I look at that face and I'm not sure he could pull off that trust-fund chuckle.  (You know, trust-fund chuckle?)  He might be too sweet.  But do I just cast EVERYONE as sweet babyfaces?  And I sure said "d-bag" a lot today, it looks weird and meaningless now.  And I hate that term.  Usually people apply the term "douchebag" to guys that seem relatively harmless and that annoys me.  I think it's getting replaced by the term "himbo" nowadays, which seems to have slightly more benign connotations.

A reminder!  These conversations are only about casting these models as wrestlers, and what kind of characters they'd play.  It's not about guessing anybody's real personalities at all.  I'm not facilitating any weird conversations where we speculate if someone's a himbo or not.  Just...if they could convincingly PLAY one.

2 comments:

  1. I could see James as cocky babyface. I can imagine him dressed in gold or white trunks destroyed in a gut bash with lots of hair pulling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, nice. Maybe white trimmed in gold. And yeah...great hair.

      Delete